Nevada Backroaders

Nevada 4-Wheel Drive Club
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Any suggestions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:18 am 

Started my ZJ today and it seemed the battery was dead all i got was a click let go of the ignition and tried it again... and held it click, click click click didnt even turn over just the clicky sound......so i turned on the headlights just to see how dead it was....headlights nice and bright and the horn sounded normal which i didnt expect after the clicky sound and no turning over.so i checked the battery post,connections, ground wire,starter wire,alternator wire, all was intact and snug.tried starting it again and it starts
but wont idle runs smooth with gas pedal depressed as soon as you let go of the gas ....dead, the clock in the jeep is now blinking 12:00 as if i disconnected the battery. I replaced the IAC to fix the idle problem, but it still didnt make any sense to link it with the click sound just the idle dying, maybe its the battery or a bad ignition relay. just to narrow down the problem i will take the other battery from my other jeep and see.im leaning more towards the battery is dead but why did it start again ? it started strong too! after sitting for 3 days,starts right up.started it today click. click click, tried it again and starts right up.

FZJ 80 series,UZJ 100 series,URJ 200 series

Last edited by allan man on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:03 pm 

my Jeep clicked yesterday when the battery died. I had to push start it (thank God for manual transmissions) to get it going, which was not fun.

turn your key and see what the voltmeter on your dash reads.

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ ןןoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:20 pm 

I think your ZJ is dead you will not be able to revive it. My suggestion Allan is to sell it right now before it cost you more money. I will give you $100 cash and save you all the headache of trying to sell it. :roll: :lol:
I think your battery is dead. It could just be dirty or lose battery cables. You can take your battery to any Autozone and they will test it for FREE, then you will know for sure. 8)

06 Ram 2500 Quad Diesel
2" Front Lift 315/17 M/T's
01 Ram 2500 Quad cab LB
Diesel 6 Speed
NVBROFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:19 pm 

Trukdj wrote:
I think your ZJ is dead you will not be able to revive it. My suggestion Allan is to sell it right now before it cost you more money. I will give you $100 cash and save you all the headache of trying to sell it. :roll: :lol:
I think your battery is dead. It could just be dirty or lose battery cables. You can take your battery to any Autozone and they will test it for FREE, then you will know for sure. 8)

I'm with you on the battery issue not to sure yet about the $100 deal I put the other battery in lets see what happens

FZJ 80 series,UZJ 100 series,URJ 200 series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 pm 

I've had that prob on a dead battery, the battery is prob too low at start up and the computer isn't operating. The computer iniates when you turn on the key, shut off wait and restart after a charge should fix it. If it won't hold the charge then replace the battery.

I'm not stuck, I'm providing recovery training opportunities!